Miami Home Insurance Claims
All About Miami Home Insurance Claims
Home represents family, style of living, privacy from the outside world and the compensation of years of hard work and commitment. It probably is the most significant financial investment you have ever done. That is why Individuals buy Homeowners insurance to protect the house against issues out of the human control as natural events as well as man-made peril.
The insurance policies for homes are a blend of liability insurance and property insurance. Under the property insurance terms the home and its content should be protected from weather, accidents, fire and theft among other incidents. Furthermore, liability should cover an injured person due to an accident on the property.
Sometimes, insurance companies may deny real claims, retard payment, underestimate the amount of the loss, or ultimately refuse to pay. Homeowner insurance attorneys at Gallardo Law Firm can assist with your claim.
Insurance Claim definition
An Insurance claim is a formal petition to an insurance company requesting for payment due to damages and based on the terms of the insurance. The Insurance Company reviews the claims for genuineness.
Types of Miami Home Insurance Claims
- Improper Denial of Insurance Claim. If a genuine claim is filed but declined by the Insurance Company acting in bad faith, they are not respecting the terms of the policy and thus, are violating the contract. When this happens, the policy holder has the right to file a lawful request against the insurance company and might be able to collect additional expenses from the lawsuit.
- Fire Insurance Claim. If your property has been destroyed by fire, the insurance company may consider you can rebuild it to avoid reimbursing for a total loss. They will generally fight to prevent paying the full policy limits for the total loss structure, which is not a bit complicated to determine.
- Hurricane Damage Insurance Claim. Florida is characterized by a very agitated hurricane season. Hurricanes might be very devastating and without insurance you are not able to claim for the damages. Hurricane claims take a further toll. Standard homeowner's insurance will make a distinction between a hurricane damage generally known as severe rain, damages occurred due to the wind intensity and the flood damage which is generally covered by a separate policy.
- Water Damage Claim. As well as hurricane, fire, and other inclemency, water leaks cause serious damages to a property. Defective pipes and hoses may result in water damage. Insurers usually cover claims for damage caused by water flowing through a hole in the roof or broken windows because of strong storm winds. However, if you have a leak from a hidden pipe and over time the water is causing destruction, this will not be covered.
- Mold Damage Claim. Mold is not only hazardous for your health but for the value of your home. Insurance companies often deny claims for mold damage arguing that this is the result of poor maintenance or extent water leaking. There is a new language to respond to mold damage claims nowadays, either to limit coverage or to exclude altogether; thus, it is important to contact an insurance claim attorney to be able to receive compensation for it.
Floor, Flood and structural damages are also claims that individuals can request reimbursement for. It is crucial to hold a proper property insurance coverage that guarantees the repairs of your damage are going to be reimbursed.
- Homeowner Insurance Disaster Recover. Disasters are not predictable; consequently, homeowners and business owners are not prepare for a full extent of a disaster when it hits hard. In order to help your insurance claim go smoothly, you should follow some steps before and after an event happens.
Before the Disaster
- Photograph your property before a natural disaster. Photographs will confirm the magnitude of the damages. Be ready to take pictures of your property every year.
- Business client records must be backed up. Backups will allow retrieving the client's information, documents and sale history if any.
- Have a disaster response team in place for business. Assign a leader for the team in case of an event of loss. This leader should be a knowledgeable person in the area of insurance.
After the Disaster
- Guard your property from additional damage. Remove anything that can damage the property further. Install any type of fence to secure your belongings.
- Do not sign any contract for non-emergency services. You need to have an estimate pricing with your insurance company before repairing any damage.
- Estimate the damage. Be ready to photograph and/or videotape the areas before you clean up.
- Review your insurance policy. Read and understand your rights and responsibilities under your insurance policy.
- Save log all expenses after the disaster. Log all the expenses incurred due to the damage. They could be reimbursed once you present it to the insurance company.
- Appoint your own adjuster. The insurance companies often send their own adjusters who will represent the insurance interests, not yours.
Litigation Alternatives Homeowners Insurance
There are always alternatives to litigate the insurance companies when you have suffered from calamities such as fire, hurricane, theft and others. Your financial interests and the insurance interests are opposed. You want a maximum payout and they want a minimum; even when you pay good money to have an insurance coverage. That is why there are different alternatives that will help to deal with the insurance companies.
The alternatives are mediation, arbitration and appraisal. Mediation is a voluntary process to negotiate the dispute in an informal way working with a third party.
The Arbitration is more formal than mediation and it may be irrevocable or unbreakable. The arbitrator might work with both parties to reach a resolution. Lastly, the Appraisal may be quick and inexpensive or on the contrary sluggish and costly. It depends on the appraiser and the umpire that the sides chose. The objective of both sides is common: to resolve the dispute over the amount of loss.
Best Home Insurance Companies
When looking for affordable home insurance quotes it is important to verify with different insurance providers. Doing so will assist you getting the best deal in the market. There are many facts that insurance companies take into consideration when quoting a policy such as the location of the home and how exposed the property will be to natural disasters among others. Consequently, the best course would be to acquire different quotes from different sources.
In Florida, the providers that offer home insurance policy are State Farm, Nationwide insurance, Progressive insurance, travelers insurance, 21st century insurance, Geico home insurance, Liberty Mutual home insurance, MetLife home insurance and many others.
Insurance Claim Lawyers in Miami Florida
Florida Insurance claims attorneys represent individuals to recover on insurance claims as a consequence of natural disasters, floods, theft, etc.
The lawyers will fight on your behalf in a diligent manner and will keep you informed of their progress. Property insurance attorney will help you taking legal action against your insurance company if they dispute your claim.
Firstly, the attorneys are going to review carefully your policy and obtain estimates of the cost of the damages to be repaired or replaced. Secondly, the attorneys are going to make the insurance companies accountable for their denials or delays.
If you are experiencing difficulties in recovering your amounts due from your insurance company the homeowners' insurance lawyers will force them to abide by the terms of your insurance policy.
Gallardo Law Firm and the Homeowners Insurance Lawyer
For years Gallardo Law Firm has representing clients to recover insurance claims as a consequence of vandalism, natural disasters, sinkhole, etc. We understand the insurance companies' language and how they operate. At Gallardo, the attorneys will conduct a thorough investigation of your specific case to guide you through the process and achieve favorable results to your case securing full payment for the value of your losses.
Our firm has been dedicated to stand up against insurance companies and its lawyers. Our tenacious and persistent attorneys will also provide objective legal counsel with the sole goal of helping our clients. Regardless of the situation they are in, each client is treated respectfully. It’s important to understand how the law works and that’s why our attorneys are here to explain the whole process to you. For your convenience, we also have chat available on our website to guide our clients and explain to them their potential rights.