Seal Criminal Records Frequently Asked Questions

8 FAQs where found , 8 in this page

What should I do to get sealed or expunged a criminal history record?

With the aim of having sealed a criminal record or set aside in the State of Florida, a person must first apply to FDLE for a Certificate of Eligibility. The Certificate of Eligibility does not signify that your criminal record was requested to sealing or expunging. It shows only that you are eligible for the type of resource being requested. The judicial record of a child may also be eligible for other types of expungement. Learn More

Where is provided the application for Eligibility Certification?

The Eligibility Certification is provided by the FDLE to the Clerk of Courts in all sixty-seven counties within the Florida state. The application packages can be gathered from the criminal division from the entire county courthouse along the state. Learn More

If the charges against me were dismissed, why do I still have a criminal record?

Because criminal records are known to the community excepting that the record is sealed or expunged. That record was created when the person is arrested and finger prints taken. Learn More

If my civil rights have been restored, will my criminal record disappear?

No, individuals with previous conviction of a felony are not eligible for a seal or expunge of the criminal history records. Learn More

If I had a criminal record sealed or expunge in another state, will I be able to have it sealed or expunged in the state of Florida?

Yes. Learn More

Will the Florida Department of Law Enforcement notify every agency involved in my case?

Yes, The FDLE will send a letter to all the agencies involved with your case notifying that they have agreed with the order with the seal and expunge of the case. Learn More

Who qualifies for sealing or expunging?

A person, who has not until that time expunged or sealed and has not been convicted as an adult, may meet the requirements or qualify. However, there are several exceptions. For example, in the state of Florida, there is automatic juvenile expunction of juvenile records at 24 or 26. Learn More

Can I have all my arrest records sealed after been arrested several times but never pled guilty or been convicted of a crime?

This is not possible in the state of Florida since this state doesnt support innocent until proven guilty. Even when you are found not guilty, Florida only allows you to petition to seal or expunge only once in your lifetime unless the new arrest is linked to the initial arrest. Learn More