Family lawyer miami
Reputable Divorce and Family Law Firm in South Florida
We have to talk. Your marriage is coming to an end. You begin to ask yourself tough questions, “how will we tell the children, who keeps the dog, WHAT AM I GOING TO DO?” Don’t panic! A family lawyer Miami is here to guide you through this difficult time.
Marital and Family Law disputes are often fraught with feelings of shame, unresolved issues, and complex legal issues; now is the time to have a trusted professional on your side.
Negotiating a settlement without appropriate guidance from a family lawyer Miami could end up coming back to bite you. Don’t discuss division of property or custody arrangements, contact the Gallardo Law Firm and speak to attorneys specialized in family law.
What does a family lawyer do?
Family law is the area of practice that deals with all aspects of the family relationship such as custodial disputes, marital agreements and divorce, monetary support, adoption and surrogacy.
In most cases, proceedings begin and end without incident; however some cases can be more complex requiring more time and specialized attention. In matters of family law, you want an attorney or family lawyer Miami who prioritizes your interests; who will work closely with you to ensure that your concerns are addressed and that you are not taken advantage of.
Family law attorneys are involved in all aspects of family law. A family lawyer Miami may include the establishment of paternity, child custody, child support, visitation agreements, child support modification, termination of parental rights, grandparents’ rights, annulment, domestic abuse, child neglect and abuse, division of property, alimony and estate planning.
Aggressive in Tough Cases
If you are looking for a family lawyer Miami, the attorneys at the Gallardo Law Firm are among the most experienced in the area. We are prepared to mitigate the most polarizing of circumstances and aim to resolve most cases amicably. However, we are also prepared to fight aggressively when is appropriate. It is never too early to consult an attorney. A family lawyer Miami can provide valuable advice even if you haven’t decided to file for divorce yet.
Miami Attorneys Specialized in Family Law
The family lawyers in our law firm in Miami are professional litigators prepared to represent and guide you through life’s hardest situations. Together we can resolve issues such as divorce, custodial arrangements, visitation, estate planning, domestic violence, and many more.
Our team of attorneys and mediators is experienced in handling an array of marital and family law cases ranging from simple to complex. During your consultation, we determine which family lawyer is uniquely suited to best handle your particular legal scenario.
We understand how trying family law issues can be, don’t go at it alone! Contact a respected and supportive family lawyer in Miami for valuable legal counsel.
Our areas of expertise include:
- Divorce - While the divorce attorneys at the Gallardo Law firm can take you through a straight forward dissolution of marriage, we are also here to assist with your separation agreement, division of assets, international divorce, spousal support, and divorce mediation.
- Child Custody/Parental Rights/Visitation and Child Support - Navigating parental rights can be difficult without an experienced family lawyer. Custody disputes, parental rights, time sharing, third party visitation, child relocation, and questions of paternity. The team at the Gallardo Law Firm is well-versed in these areas and offer legal assistance
- Marital Agreements - A marital agreement can be a pre-nuptial, or “pre-nup”, or post-nuptial (similar to the pre-nup, but entered into after you are married) contract which establishes financial rights and determines how assets are divided in the event of a divorce between the two parties. If you are considering a pre-nup, hiring an experienced family law attorney can help ensure your agreement is executed properly and is valid.
- Domestic and International Adoption Laws - Adopting a child can be a rewarding experience for both your family and your new child. A family lawyer can assist with domestic adoption, international adoption, gay adoption, or step-parent adoption. Allow the adoption lawyers at the Gallardo Law Firm to guide you through the process.
- Domestic Violence cases - Often times, family law and criminal law overlap complicating an already tense situation. The attorneys at the Gallardo Law Firm understand how both courts operate under these difficult circumstances.
- Estate Planning and Trusts - Anticipating and arranging the distribution of assets and belongings in the event of your incapacitation or death is a vital part of your overall financial plan. A fiduciary agreement granting a trusted third-party, or trustee, assets temporarily on your behalf is called a Trust. Among the benefits of establishing a trust are the reduction of estate taxes and the protection of your legacy. Plan ahead, contact the lawyers of the Gallardo Law Firm and complete your financial planning.
- Reproductive Law: Surrogacy, Egg/Sperm Donors, and Paternity Disputes - We understand the complexity of family relationships. Issues such as surrogacy contracts, acknowledgement of paternity, and establishing paternity are very typical and they should be handled by someone qualified who understands surrogacy and reproductive laws in Florida.
Finding the Right Family Lawyer Miami for You
You have thought about it, asked family and friends, and have decided it’s best to contact a lawyer. Now what?
Choosing the right attorney can make or break your case. When seeking legal counsel consider the attorney’s area of expertise and prior experience, especially in the sensitive are of Family Law. When entering into a legal battle which determines how much parenting time, child custody, and loving interaction you’ll have with your child, choose a good attorney who will fight aggressively. At the Gallardo Law Firm, we realize that not all cases require a high-conflict approach, and can determine a suitable course of action based on the facts.
Experienced in Marital and Family Law
A family law attorney in Miami offers experience in local courts where your case will be heard and is likely to have appeared before the local judges previously. Finding a local family attorney offers the added advantage of being privy to the local officials’ particular legal strategies. An experienced family lawyer has a number of resources, such as respected and effective expert witnesses to can call upon to defend your case.
Florida Educated. Florida Bar Board Certified in Marital and Family Law
While a “general-practitioner” may be licensed to practice law in Florida, the capable team of family law attorneys at the Gallardo Law Firm is board certified in their specific area of practice: family and marital law. Board certified lawyers are “Evaluated for professionalism and tested for expertise.” Finding an attorney certified in marital law by the Florida Bar Board means the attorney is held to the highest standards in the state of Florida. The state requires a minimum of five years specializing in marital and family law, among other rigorous. To remain certified, Miami family law attorneys must continue their education in their area of specialization. Attorneys and the firms they work for, such as the Gallardo Law Firm, can receive honorable mention on prestigious lists, such as Lawyers, and the AV Preeminent Rating.
The Gallardo Law Firm, Serving Clients in Florida
Rarely is hiring an attorney a happy task. Should you find yourself in need of an attorney, you want a team of vastly experienced lawyers, and exceedingly professional legal staff on your side.
The Gallardo Law Firm is prepared to provide quality legal representation during the intricate marital and family law litigation process as well as during the trial and appellate phases, throughout the state of Florida.
Family law: Questions and Answers
- How many children you have?
- The combined net monthly income of both parents
- The cost of daycare
- Health insurance required for the child
- How many nights each parent would spend with the child depending on the parenting plan
- Personal property
- Retirement benefits
- Debts which may include mortgages, car loans, and credit cards