Every applicant must undergo a medical examination before the issuance of a visa. The consular officer will decide which center they will send you to, and you must pay for the examination fees, in addition to the visa fees.
If you are sponsoring an alien relative to come to the United States, you should be ready to accept legal responsibility over supporting this family member financially. When you accept this responsibility, you become your relatives sponsor by completing and signing a document known as an affidavit of support.
Anyone over the age of 18 can sponsor an immigrant relative as long as they are either a U.S citizen or permanent resident. The sponsor must also have some kind of home or property in the United States or a territory or possession. The sponsor must prove that their household makes more than 125% more than the United States poverty level for a household of that size. For example, lets say your household is one of a family of 6. Your household income must be equal to 125% of the U.S poverty level for a family house of 6, or $29,612.00.
Once a visa is applied for, the petitioner must wait until the USCIS looks over the application and approves of it. Once this is approved, the USCIS will contact you with the following steps and procedures you must follow before an interview done in person with your consulate officer. This means that there is no guarantee on whether or not the USCIS will approve the family based visa request.
The process starts with the person, whether a United States citizen or permanent resident, petitioning by filing Form I-130 called the Petition for Alien Relative provided by the USCIS. This form is available at the Citizenship and Immigration serviceids website.
When one of the petitioners is an immediate relative of the immigrant and the whole application process goes smoothly, filing that one application may be the best choice, and trust everything will go well. However, since circumstances change from time to time, having more than one petitioner can be helpful.
No, this is not possible. As a legal permanent resident, the petitioner is not eligible to request to bring his or her parents to either live or work permanently in the U.S.
One of the last steps in this process is an interview with a consular officer. Its important that the applicant is ready for this significant event. A number of questions will be asked and the required documents will be requested. If everything goes well and the case is approved, a sealed envelope will be issued by the Consul. Usually, the passport stamp is issued by the United States embassy several weeks after the visa interview.