Eligible candidates for J1 Visa Waiver are all those citizens of one of 36 recognized countries by the U.S. government wishing to travel to the U.S. territory for pleasure or business reasons which are exempt from the formal request for visa at the American Consulate of the resident country.
The ESTA was issued by the U.S. authorities from January 2009 with the main objective of forcing those citizens of countries under the Visa Waiver electronic authorization to travel to the U.S. The ESTA is not a legal visa for USA; it is only a travel permit.
In some cases you may be denied, for example if the applicant has committed or may commit a criminal offense or conviction affecting state security, if you have been denied visas in previous times or if you do not comply with the U.S. immigration laws. For these cases the individual will need to request a formal visa issued by the immigration serviceid.
Its called electronic passport the document that meets the international standards for passport issuance, which has a page with all the data of the individual, along with the machine readable lines according to the rules of the international aviation.
The ESTA permit does not take long. It is recommended that at least two days before the trip authorization should be requested. The entrance to American soil without this authorization is not allowed even if the person resides in one of the countries exempted from visa. After obtaining the approval of travel, it has a validity period of 2 years. For individuals presenting a passport dated less than 2 years, ESTA authorization will be provided.
Not necessarily. U.S. Customs serviceid protection of the American territory has the right to allow or not any individual to enter the country.
If you stay in the United States, Canada, or adjacent islands for 90 days or less, and also meet other VWP requirements, you can use this program. A good example of this is when you are entering the U.S. on a trip between two other countries. If you have any VWP questions or concerns, you can ask an immigration attorney from Gallardo Law Firm to help you.
Each person needs to have their own machine-readable passport, including children since they have essential biographic information for only one traveler. Your children need to have their own passport otherwise they will be denied their entry into the United States.