According to federal regulations, only individuals who can prove that they reside in Cuba can file an I-130. You need to contact the USCIS to find out if you qualify, get the forms, and find out about the fees required. All petitions must be filled in Havana. Those individuals who dont reside in Cuba have to file with the USCIS in the U.S.
The instructions are given by the National Visa Center (NVC). An application cannot be submitted without an invite from the NVC. A letter is mailed inviting them to apply and steps to follow during the application process.
This program is only available for Cubans. Its not intended for citizens of other countries. Moreover, some individuals may not be eligible for this program such as ˜immediate relatives since they are not required to wait for a visa.
Applicants for the CFRP program or Cuban Family Reunification Parole didnt have to file any forms with the USCIS until recently. Then the process was then moved to Havana. On February 1, 2015 the National Visa Center started conducting interviews. The program now requires filing a number of forms with the USCIS.
In order to withdraw a petition a signed written statement must be sent to the NVC requesting to withdraw the petition. When a lawyer has submitted the request, a Notice of Entry of Appearance must be sent with the request.
In order to add or remove an attorney you have to contact the NVC in writing. Form G-28 has to be submitted with your request in order to add this person to represent you.
Visa records are confidential under U.S. law. Only the visa applicant can inquire at the United States Embassy or Consulate overseas where the candidate applied. Because visa records are confidential, you will have to ask your friend this question.
This is a legal requirement and failure to provide so can result in delay or even denial of immigrant visas. When the immigrant visa is not issued, these forms are treated as confidential. Applicants who have some specific conditions must provide a certificate from their doctor that proves any treatment they are receiving for that condition. The medical examination cannot be conducted in the U.S. yet the physician has to be approved by the United States Embassy or Consulate issuing the visa.