Miami Religious Worker Visa

You are here: Home » Miami Religious Worker Visa

Introduction to Miami Religious Worker Visa

Immigration Services in the United States have embraced many visas for foreign citizens to visit the country legally. These visas were grouped into two categories, immigrant visa, and nonimmigrant visa. The Non-Immigrant Visa has lots of impacts nowadays because they are targeting people for jobs, which are also divided depending on the working branch of which they are employed. Within these visas, there is the religious visa employee who has been very influential in ancient societies and continues to matter in today's modern society.

This visa is given to people who are considered religious personalities, or for those individuals authorized to come to the United States to work for a non-profit religious organization, either as ministers or for religious vocational studies or occupation. Visas for purposes of religious works are called Visa R1.

Basic Requirements for an R1 Visa for Religious Worker

To qualify for an R-1 Visa the applicants should:

  • Have a working proposal.
  • Be a member of a religious organization exempt from taxation.
  • Must have been a member of a religious denomination recognized by the US government two years before applying for religious worker visa.
  • Must have resided outside the United States one year before filing the visa application.

Documents and Forms Necessary to File USCIS R1 Visa for the USA

Religious employees need many specific and essential documents to apply for the R-1 visa to the USA, including:

  • Passport is valid for at least six months after obtaining the visa to the U.S.
  • You must complete the form of non-immigrant visa DS-160” electronically on the website of the department of “Citizenship and Immigration in the United States,” (USCIS) and obtain confirmation of the request.
  • You need a digital photograph to the specifications indicated on the DS-160 forms.
  • You need to pay the fee specified by the American Consulate of the country.
  • You must file the application approval of Form I-129. This form is submitted by the employer applying for an entry permit for reasons of religious works.
  • Your confirmation of the approval of form I-129 is required the day of the interview at the Embassy or Consulate; this is done through the form I-797.
  • You must provide any other documents to support your visa application to ensure your non-immigrant status within the American territory. These documents can be a letter from the employer to justify your work in the country and ensure that the institution is approved within the religious congregation, job titles within the specialty or religious ministers to perform certain religious cults or conferences. It should also specify where you will reside, food and monetary compensation for their work.

Application Process for Miami Religious Worker Visa

The process of obtaining visas for workers can be a bit complex because the government of the United States must first ensure that all information presented is correct and that the applicant is indeed eligible for such visa. First, the employer must submit an application for a visa for nonimmigrant employees called I-129, a permit for the beneficiary to apply for the visa and to demonstrate the importance of the job in the territory , and it should be submitted six months minimum before the starting date of the position, so officers may have sufficient time to analyze the case.

After approval, the applicant must complete the form called DS -160 determined for a non-immigrant visa and pay the amount specified for this type of visa. An appointment for the interview with the consul at the U.S. Embassy in the country concerned is set up and provides them with all information required for the application of R-1 visa to be accepted. After approval of the visa, the beneficiary is authorized to live and work in the United States temporarily for two years and may also request a visa extension before the end of the set time. Family members may also apply for a visa called R-2 for approval, they are only permitted to reside and study in an institution within the territory, and they are not allowed to work.

Benefits for Religious Workers in Miami Florida

Prospective employees of the religious denomination can obtain significant gains with this type of visa R-1 in Miami, including:

  • Allowing workers to conduct studies within the American territory.
  • Traveling within the country and to other countries.
  • Receiving reimbursement for their work.

Family members of persons under this visa are also beneficiaries as they may apply for entry to the U.S. through the religious worker. These relatives include spouses and children less than 21 years.

With R-1 visa beneficiaries may opt for permanent residence in the United States, they only need to meet all specifications and USCIS forms. (More information on the website of in the articles on immigration, permanent residency, and U.S. citizenship).

Immigration Lawyer In The Process Of Obtaining R-1 Visa

Gallardo Law Firm has helped many clients who require a visa to enter the United States to perform religious work. The immigration lawyers in Miami at Gallardo Law Firm will help you make the whole process of verification of the information necessary to qualify for the R-1 visa easily. They advise clients about the best way into the American territory for permanent residence and citizenship when the time comes, and also the appropriate behavior to follow according to the labor laws in the state of Florida to be able to later apply for a visa extension without difficulty. It is essential to work from the start with an experienced and knowledgeable immigration attorney, as they can serve as a guide in obtaining permanent residency and U.S. citizenship after obtaining the R-1 visa in Miami Florida.

The visa Workers R-1 is awarded to those members of foreign officials recognized religious organizations in the United States with responsibilities as prophets, monks, ministers of religion, gospel singers, etc..
The Visas for religious worker R1 are awarded for a period of 2 years but can be renewed after that time. Once the renewal is ended, you may apply for an extension the visa or for a permanent residence (green card). After five years, you may apply for U.S. citizenship.
The visa is the mechanism by which a foreigner is allowed to stay in the United States for the amount of time the visa was issued. It is important to remember that individuals will be interviewed before entering the territory. Customs officials have the right not to grant entry to the territory if they consider so.
Yes, all religious workers have to pay for the visa form DS-160, in addition all foreigners applying for a nonimmigrant visa regardless of the type has to pay; the lottery visas applicants must also pay.
There is not much difference; because the visas of non-immigrants are temporarily granted in order to visit or work depending on the type of visa and the time period that has been granted. In the case of visa R-1 is only provided with employment purposes for 2 years and it can be renew. However, permanent residency allows the individual to reside, work, study permanently in the United States. (For more information about how to obtain permanent residency visit the permanent immigration related article on the website
The immigration lawyers in Miami will help you throughout the whole process, because immigration laws are quite complex. You need to provide all the information they need to achieve the desired immigration status. Immigration lawyers in Miami can save your time and money in your process, either for the R-1 visa to permanent residency or citizenship for you and your family. Our lawyers in Gallardo Law Firm will treat you with respect and courtesy; we aim to achieve good results for your case.
To renew employment authorization you must file an application around 90 days before the expiration date. Supporting documents will be necessary to renew such as a copy of the current work permit and the form I-765.
It is a visa to travel to the United States for specific reasons and with a specific period of time. They are basically based on the purpose of the trip, such as tourism, investment, education, cultural exchange, art, religious workers, business, and much more about 70 types of them.