International Divorce Frequently Asked Questions

4 FAQs where found , 4 in this page

I am a Haitian citizen and reside in Miami, FL for more than two years. My wife still lives in Haiti, and I would like to know how to get an international divorce in my case?

You meet the primary requirement of a spouse residing in Florida and the other one in the home country, and in this way meet international divorce law. We can contact your partner if both parts agree to sign the divorce. You are granted a divorce, even when the other person does not want to appear in court. Learn More

How does international divorce work for Dominican Republic citizens?

For citizens of the Dominican Republic, we can get a divorce following the standard procedures of international divorce or get a power of attorney stating that your partner agrees with the divorce terms and process. Then, you are automatically granted legal separation. Learn More

Is it costly to file for international divorce in Miami Florida?

The cost of an international divorce depends on international family law and the legal representation you hire. Sometimes this type of process can become complicated raising the total cost of the proceedings. You need to contact Gallardo Law Firm today. We know how to navigate international laws with ease and divorce papers in less time and at a lower cost. Learn More

I would like to begin a divorce process for my wife, who lives in Mexico, and I am here in Miami, but my child also resides there with her. What happens to child support if we are legally separated?

International divorce, child support and child custody in Miami Florida are applicable in your particular case. It’s doesn't matter in what country you are, it is treated the same. You may discuss the terms with our professional lawyers. Learn More