Deportation Frequently Asked Questions

9 FAQs where found , 9 in this page

If my children are U.S. citizens, can I get status through them?

Citizens of the United States may petition for their parents once they reach 21 years old. Once the petition is approved the green card application may be filled. This can be done at the parents home country or through USCIS if the parents are eligible for adjustment of status. Learn More

Can I travel to my home country to visit my family if I have been granted Asylum status?

If your home country is the country that you fled from persecution the answer is no. If you go back to your home country once your asylum status is granted, then you do not fear returning and your asylum status could be revoked for fraud. Learn More

If I was ordered deportation previously, but I have not left the United States yet, is there anything I can do?

You can apply in the court that issued the order of deportation for them to cancel or vacate the order; or apply for the Immigration serviceid to waive or cancel the order of deportation. Learn More

What is known as non immigrant visa?

The visa used to travel to the United States for specific reasons for specific period of time. There are non immigrant visa categories with differences based on the trip purpose; tourism, investment, education, religious worker, artists, temporary workers, businesses, and more than 70 other types of visas. Learn More

What is it meant by appeal?

It is a request to a higher authority to revise a conclusion. Learn More

What is the Immigration law that is in force?

The Immigration and Nationality Act to be the basis of legal immigration system since 1952. Learn More

How do I file an appeal of a decision taken?

In most cases, the appeal must be filled on form I-290B which is Notice of Appeal or Motion. It is important to know that filing an appeal does not delay the carrying out of any decision made in your case or prolong a previously removal date. Learn More

What can I do if I am stopped by immigration?

You have rights here in the United States and therefore must demand them; you can remain silent and request a lawyer. You do not necessarily have to sign any document and you are entitled to make a phone call. You just maintain a posture of non-resistance, and if you decide to talk remember that everything you say can be used against you. Learn More

Would I be eligible for any immigration benefit if I have an order of deportation?

This depends on whether the order of deportation could be changed or not. The law permits to have the order of deportation reviewed and vacated. If the order of deportation cannot be changed and the individual has or will have an approved visa petition, then he/she can file a request for admission after deportation using form I-212. Learn More