Religious Worker Visa FAQs

8 FAQs where found , 8 in this page

Who are the ideal candidates to opt for the R1 visa for USA?

The visa Workers R-1 is awarded to those members of foreign officials recognized religious organizations in the United States with responsibilities as prophets, monks, ministers of religion, gospel singers, etc.. Learn More

Can I opt for permanent residency in the U.S. if I have a visa R-1 for religious workers?

The Visas for religious worker R1 are awarded for a period of 2 years but can be renewed after that time. Once the renewal is ended, you may apply for an extension the visa or for a permanent residence (green card). After five years, you may apply for U.S. citizenship. Learn More

What is the concept of visa?

The visa is the mechanism by which a foreigner is allowed to stay in the United States for the amount of time the visa was issued. It is important to remember that individuals will be interviewed before entering the territory. Customs officials have the right not to grant entry to the territory if they consider so. Learn More

Do all R-1 visa applicants must pay the visa fee imposed by immigration?

Yes, all religious workers have to pay for the visa form DS-160, in addition all foreigners applying for a nonimmigrant visa regardless of the type has to pay; the lottery visas applicants must also pay. Learn More

Is there a difference between permanent residence and nonimmigrant visa R-1?

There is not much difference; because the visas of non-immigrants are temporarily granted in order to visit or work depending on the type of visa and the time period that has been granted. In the case of visa R-1 is only provided with employment purposes for 2 years and it can be renew. However, permanent residency allows the individual to reside, work, study permanently in the United States. (For more information about how to obtain permanent residency visit the permanent immigration related article on the website Learn More

What do immigration attorneys do in Miami?

The immigration lawyers in Miami will help you throughout the whole process, because immigration laws are quite complex. You need to provide all the information they need to achieve the desired immigration status. Immigration lawyers in Miami can save your time and money in your process, either for the R-1 visa to permanent residency or citizenship for you and your family. Our lawyers in Gallardo Law Firm will treat you with respect and courtesy; we aim to achieve good results for your case. Learn More

How can I renew employment authorization in Miami?

To renew employment authorization you must file an application around 90 days before the expiration date. Supporting documents will be necessary to renew such as a copy of the current work permit and the form I-765. Learn More

What do we know about a nonimmigrant visa?

It is a visa to travel to the United States for specific reasons and with a specific period of time. They are basically based on the purpose of the trip, such as tourism, investment, education, cultural exchange, art, religious workers, business, and much more about 70 types of them. Learn More